Monday, September 13, 2010

Apple Walnut Bread

Fall is almost here!

I spend my Saturdays at the pumpkin patch in the fall, so I won't be blogging as much in the coming weeks (probably). But I do have a lot of really delicious recipes I want to try, so I'll do as much as I can!

I started with this bread.

It really shouldn't be called bread.

It's a cake.

But it's baked in a bread pan, so I can eat it for breakfast, right?

Good.

You can too.

Start by grating some apples.



Mix up all-purpose flour, wheat flour *just to make you feel better about eating it for breakfast!*, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

Then whisk together buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla.


Combine the wet and dry ingredients....


And throw in the grated apples, chopped up walnuts, and flax seeds *if you're feeling really crazy!*.



Pour into a bread pan and dust the top with cinnamon and sugar. This makes the top crunchy and sweet. :-) Exactly what you need to get going in the mornings!
Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes (mine took almost an hour, but I had a slightly smaller bread pan than the recipe recommended.



Your breakfast needs to be SO good that it motivates you to get out of bed in the mornings.
This bread is that good.
One word of warning: I found out the hard way that this has to be refrigerated. I kept it wrapped up in my pantry, and it spoiled before I could finish it. :-(
Don't let that happen to you!
Here's the link to the recipe. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment