Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Caramel Pecan Brownies

Since I've been taking requests for treats lately, a friend requested caramel brownies.

I delivered.

And these are spectacular. I took the recipe from Bake at 350.

These aren't entirely homemade. But no one needs to know.

Mix together a box of german chocolate cake mix, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, and 3/4 cup melted butter.

Spread half of the mixture onto the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake for 6-8 minutes in a 350 degree oven. While it's baking, prepare the caramel mixture. I'll get to that in a second.

Sprinkle 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of chopped pecans over it.



Bliss. Pure bliss.




Unwrap a 14-oz package of caramels (this is crazy time-consuming....maybe enlist some help) and combine it over low heat with 1/3 cup evaporated milk.



Pour directly over the love happening in the pan.
Mercy.



Top with the rest of the brownie batter. It looks weird, but it's good to have little rivers of caramel flowing through the brownie.




Bake for another 15-20 minutes - the caramel will be bubbling, but you don't want it to burn.



It doesn't look nearly as weird when it's cut up. Wowza.


The layer of chocolate chips and pecans kick it up from delicious to ridiculous.
These brownies are ridiculous.
And totally worth it.

1 comment:

  1. MMMM! I've made these before. They are truly wonderful. If I hadn't stuffed myself with way too many sweets over the holidays I would definitely need to make a batch of these! :)
    ~Candice

    ReplyDelete