Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cookie Extravaganza!

This Christmas I made 10 dozen cookies.

Excessive, I know.

But I love giving cookies away, and I made 4 new recipes this year.

I made Pistachio Sandies (similar to Russian tea cakes or Mexican wedding cookies) - delicious!



I forgot to take a picture of these all dressed up with powdered sugar. But they were even better. :-) I included the recipe at the bottom of this post.
I made spicy molasses cookies (courtesy of The Pioneer Woman)



Also very tasty.



But then I made these.


Chocolate candy cane cookies.
Also from The Pioneer Woman.


These turned out to be beautiful. But not tasty.


The cookie kind of tasted like cardboard. But I really like the idea, so I might try to find a better chocolate cookie idea.


Pistachio Sandies
1 cup pistachios, skins removed
8 oz butter, softened
2 1/4 cup flour
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp water
1 cup extra powdered sugar for dusting/rolling
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grind the pistachios into a course meal. Place butter into a large bowl and beat for 30 seconds. Add half the flour, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and water. Beat until blended and then add the rest of the flour. Stir in the nuts. Pinch off 1-inch pieces of dough and roll into balls. Place onto a cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool all the way and then dust with powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment