Monday, April 26, 2010

Spring has sprung!

Hello, faithful readers! I apologize for the lack of posts - I had originally planned to only update when Vanessa was here, but spring has sprung while she is away, and I decided that you all need to see the beauty popping up around my home!

First, these beautiful daffodils surprised me with their sunny faces when I go home from spring break.
THen my lovely magnolias started blooming!
My hostas have been plotting all winter to take over the front sidewalk again, and they are slowly carrying out their plans.

This one is particularly fiesty.

I have been planting some, too. These are hopefully going to get really big and spill over the front of the planter. This is right by our front door.


My dear friend Elizabeth helped me plant these herbs. I like the look of the little herb family. We have parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme in the big one, and lavender, chives, and basil in the smaller ones.


These little guys are guarding my back door. I have planters on either side.


I cheated and bought one actual plant. This is a roma tomato plant, and he is growing very happily in the afore-blogged raised vegetable bed.

Everything else has been started from seed in the windowsills.


Here we have broccoli,

lettuce,

and shy little cherry tomatoes, which are just starting to peek out.


For some reason, this oregano got left out of the happy herb family. I need to reconcile them.


Spinach and green beans are going to have to wait a bit, though - they're going straight into the garden!


1 comment: