Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sweet Summertime

Two updates in one day! Incredible!
A lot of random things have happened to me this summer, so here's a quick update for all you faithful readers!

1) Vanessa moved in! Hopefully soon we will collaborate on a blog post. She has much better pictures than I do, and she definitely needs to get some pictures of her room up - it's awesome! I'm so glad to have her here! :-)

2) I got a new car. I traded in Shunganunga (my Jeep Liberty), which I loved, but cost me too much money....

...and I got Cecille, a 2010 Toyota Corolla. She is sleek, classy, and cost-efficient.
3) We had our first big storm of the year, which prompted Natalie and I to descend into the abyss known as the basement when the tornado sirens went off.
We almost decided we'd rather be taken by the tornado. Isn't this terrifying?

The winds knocked down a 15 foot long branch from a tree in the front yard.

Thankfully, my dad came to the rescue and hauled it off!

4) I turned 23 last Saturday. We had a party here with a bunch of sweet friends, and we partied til dawn. Almost. It was entirely too late. But so much fun!
Vanessa and Diana Martina collaborated to make me this beautiful cake. Thanks again, ladies!

5) This week I have the privilege of hanging out with this handsome guy.

Snickers! Love of my life. My family is out of town, so my favorite little dog and I are having some adventures.
Naps, mostly.

6) And lastly, Vacation Bible School is upon us. I am halfway through the week with a group of twenty 4-year-olds, and I'm exhausted. They are too cute, though - yesterday they did some painting during craft time, and they had to wear smocks.
Really, could they get any cuter?!
Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Is that your entryway to your basement? Definitely looks creepy! ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paige: I hope you had a wonderful birthday, and that your summer is getting off to a good start! -Erica

    ReplyDelete